Microsoft CRM 2011 License Online is a full cloud-based CRM solution from Microsoft, held on an infrastructure that has been developed and is maintained by Microsoft. Licenses of are rented, paid on a monthly basis to Microsoft.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Hosted is again a cloud-based CRM solution, held on a secure infrastructure. Licenses of Microsoft Dynamics CRM are rented and paid for every month, using Caltech’s competitive hosting option. Caltech is SPLA providers which mean we offer Microsoft Dynamics CRM hosted option directly to you.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 on premise was available (February 2011). On-premise means that the data and software is held on a server of your choice, usually in one of your office locations. Licenses of Microsoft Dynamics CRM are purchased.
Caltech is able to offer all 3 options; Microsoft CRM 2011 Online, Hosted or On-Premise.
Caltech provides Microsoft CRM 2011 as a hosted solution; Caltech CRM Online. This can sometimes be referred to as Cloud CRM or SaaS – Software as a Service. This simply means that we manage the hosted environment ensuring updates and performance.
Update 24.3.17 Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 is no longer supported by Microsoft and will not receive any new patches. If you are looking to upgrade Dynamics CRM 2011 hosted or On-Premise please contact us.
On Premise or Hosted
There is no right or wrong answer and as we have explained hosted CRM is available to any size of an organisation. To help clients decide we give key facts based on your requirements and processes. When we produce a quotation we provide costs for an in-house implementation and also hosted costs; this will help you decide what’s best for your organisation now and going forward, which method of implementation will give you the best return on investment.
Hosted Microsoft CRM and Customisation
Another option for Microsoft CRM 2011 License is Hosting. We read all the time that hosted CRM solutions have limits to the extent of which they can be customised, compared to on premise (in house) programs. We would like to break this paradigm. Working with Caltech to host and customise your Microsoft solution means we can do lots of clever customisation and integration, even with SQL. Talk to us – we will advise if it can be done – and as independent CRM specialists and Microsoft CRM Silver partners, we have great capability to customise, integrate and develop on our hosted platform.
Hosted CRM Reliability
The reliability of our hosted CRM environment is over 99%. We have chosen to host with a number 1 provider that guarantees its services. Wherever you have an internet connection you will be able to access CRM and instantly be able to continue working. We are a CRM SPLA partner.
Choosing a Microsoft CRM Hosting Provider
As described in this article, Caltech is skilled at customising CRM across many industries in our own hosted environment. If you are looking for independent specialists in Microsoft CRM and a solution to your remove your process headaches, Caltech may be able to help.
We do not “pump and dump CRM”. Hosted CRM implementations can be as complex as on-premise solutions. You can be assured that working with Caltech will provide you with a great solution that works the way you do.
Benefits of Hosted CRM from Caltech at a Glance
Pay monthly, per user flexibility Local or Hosted Microsoft exchange email integration Daily data backup offsite Software assurance included Reduces initial outlay of Hosted CRM It’s available for all organisations regarding of size or if they are profit making or not Full configuration available to ensure that Microsoft CRM meets unique requirements and processes Phone and online support No lengthy contract tie-ins Can be implemented with customisations, integration and development Offers security and reliability
Read more about our Hosted Microsoft Dynamics CRM environment.
CRM License Types
Licensing Structure – On Premise
Server Editions Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 has to be installed on a server. Each server needs a CRM server license. There are 2 types of server license:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM WorkGroup Server 2011 This includes and supports a maximum of 5 users. For more than 5 users there is a “step up” to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2011 available. It includes rich feature set but is not applicable for multi-tenant deployments. It runs on Windows server 2008 x64.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2011 This offers a rich features set and does support muti-tenant deployments.
There is no licensing limit on the number of users for this server and it runs on Windows Server 2008 x64.
Note : Step ups are only available in open value, select and EA volume licensing programs.
Microsoft CRM 2011 Licenses – CALs
Every internal user of Microsoft Dynamics CRM will need a Client Access License (CAL).
User CALs allow each licensed user to access the server from any device
Device CALs are assigned to a device and can be shared by non-concurrent users over time such as shift worker or call center environment.
There are also 3 types of CALs
And Employee Self Service CAL
A full CAL provides users with full read-write access to all areas within Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, allowing users to view, manipulate, input, query or structure.
Full CALs are licensed for
- Dynamics CRM client access (for Outlook or web browser)
- API access
- Full write access
- Full Read Access
Limited CALs provide users with full read access and limited write access. The rights supported for Limited CALs include:
- Creation of accounts, contacts, cases, leads, activities and note
- The ability to append, append to and update accounts, contacts, cases, leads, activities and notes created by any CRM user
- The ability to assign, share and delete accounts, contacts, cases, leads, activities and notes created by the same user
- To follow and post to activity feeds against the accounts, contacts, leads, opportunities and standard entity records by any CRM user
- The ability to create custom entity records using API access only
- To update custom entity records created by any CRM user using API access only
- The ability to append data using Microsoft CRM clients for custom activity records created by any CRM user
- The ability to assign, share and delete custom entity records created by the same user using API access only
- Data privileges to follow and post activity feeds against custom entity records using API access only
- Cannot assign, share or delete records created by other CRM users
- Allows read access to Microsoft Dynamics CRM functionality
Employee Self Service CAL (ESS CAL) provides a user with limited API access and limited read-write access to CRM functionality using any application / graphical user interface other than the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client.
The user rights supported with the ESS CAL include:
- Read access to accounts, contacts, cases, leads, activities, notes and custom entity records only
- Ability to create accounts, contacts, cases, leads, activities, notes and custom entity records
- The ability to append, append to and update accounts, contacts, cases, leads, activities, notes and custom entity records created by any CRM user
- Read rights to review entities to create and update accounts, contacts, cases, leads, activities, notes and custom entity records
- Data privileges to delete, share or assign notes created by the same user
- Data privileges to follow and post activity feeds against accounts, contacts, leads and custom entity records created by any CRM user
- The access to CRM server software and CRM functionality using any GUI (graphical user interface) other than Microsoft CRM clients.
It’s important to note that the ESS CALs do not allow these types of users to use the Microsoft CRM 2011 applications and GUI’s directly.
There are two supplements one for a Limited CAL and one for an ESS CAL – the Limited Use Additive CAL and Full Use Additive CAL.
Limited Use Additive CAL provides a user with full read-access and limited write-access functionality using any client and can only be bought to supplement an ESS CAL. This can be used for ESS CALs to step up to a Limited CAL or Full Access CAL.
Full Use Additive CAL provides a user with full write-access functionality and can only be bought to supplement a Limited CAL to step up to a full use CAL later.
On a CRM “site” there can be a mix of users on CALs, ESS CALs or Limited CALs, however, the full use additive CALs cannot exceed to the total number of Limited CALs in any environment. A user can also never have the Full Use Additive CAL without also having a Limited CAL as they go “together”.
Limited User Additive CAL’s may also never exceed the total number of ESS CALs in an environment. A user can never have a Limited Use Additive CAL without also having an ESS CAL.
On reaching the Software Assurance anniversary date, users with CALs can convert Device CALs to User CALs or the other way around.
Software Assurance is currently priced at 25% of license value*. Software Assurance provides new software versions as well as other benefits.
To find out more about Microsoft CRM Licensing, upgrade paths or other license questions, call us on 01924 507280.
*Information correct at January 2013. References to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Licensing Guide December 2012.
If you need to talk about licensing options to call us and speak with one of our licensing specialists. It can be confusing!