Scope the project in detail before implementing. Understanding the parameters of your project and clearly communicating helps diminish risk and sets expectations both internally and externally.
Pull together all your organisation’s requirements using the headlines and processes.
Do document your scope.
Do generate a requirements and process review report.
Don’t forget to communicate the scope company-wide.
- Step 1: Why? Don’t overlook the desired outcome
- Step 2: Focus on process first and features next
- Step 3: Get Buy-In
- Step 4 : Tie Down the Scope
- Step 5 : Don’t Overlook the Importance of Data
- Step 6 : Don’t Cut Corners on Implementation
- Step 7 : Make the Most of a Free Trial
- Step 8 : Don’t forget your legacy systems
- Step 9 : Analyse the Risks
- Step 10 : Review